[BiO BB] CD-HIT beta testers?

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 23 09:31:09 EST 2006

Hi,

I am writing to this list to ask for help with 'beta testing' the latest
version of CD-HIT. Weizhong Li recently released a new version, which
you can find here...

http://bioinformatics.org/project/filelist.php?group_id=350

(its 'cd-hit-2006-0215.tar.gz')

If anyone on this list uses (or has used) CD-HIT, they may like to help
out on the 'CD-HIT team' (currently me running the website and Weizhong
doing everything else!) by testing this release.

It would be very helpful if anyone can spare the time to check over this
release, and write some general notes on the experience (what went
wrong, what was not clear etc. etc.) and post those comments to the
group mailing list,

http://bioinformatics.org/mail/?group_id=350

At the moment any feedback on usage is welcome, as unfortunately I don't
have the time to check this version in any detail. More generally, any
assistance on the project is most welcome! Once we finish testing we can
announce the new release on the 'News' section of Bioinformatics.Org,
and it would be great to have a big list of people to thank for
contributing to such great software. Anyone who wants to be added to the
list of developers on the project please just email me your
Bioinformatics.Org username!

Thanks very much for your time (and support),

Dan.

P.S. I put a 'test set' of data here;

http://ftp.bioinformatics.org/pub/cd-hit/TEST_RESULTS/

and you can find a list of the current (and possibly fixed!) bugs here;

http://bioinformatics.org/bugs/?group_id=350