[BiO BB] Building an alignment from BLAST hsp

Gary Van Domselaar gary at primary.bioinformatics.org
Mon Mar 27 12:09:12 EST 2006

Hi Ryan,

The BLAST output will have the coordinates of the HSP for your query and
database sequence.  You can pretty easily write a script using bioperl's
BLAST parsing modules:
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:SearchIO

to grab the coordinates and sequences from the alignments and then use the
Bio::SimpleAlign module:
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-1.5.0-RC1/Bio/SimpleAlign.html

to remap the query on to the full database sequence.