[BiO BB] Fish genomics

Nagesh Chakka nagesh.chakka at anu.edu.au
Tue May 9 03:58:44 EDT 2006

Hi All,
I just started work with fish genomes for my comparative study. I am a
bit puzzled as to why three different fish species were selected for
sequencing (Danio rerio , Fugu rubripes, and Tetraodon nigroviridis). Is
there is any advantage  in each of these species selected for sequencing
which is not there in the other? I am addressing this question to this
forum as I have a feeling that someone out there may be working with
fish genome and may be having extensive information about what I was
looking for. Please also note that I could not find any straight forward
answer to my question searching the web.
Thanks
Nagesh