[BiO BB] RE: need simple verification for ribosome

Mike Marchywka mmarchywka at eyewonder.com
Wed May 10 08:56:44 EDT 2006

I went ahead and wrote my own ribosome script in perl
and wanted to know if there is some easy way to verify it- I can
translate some test sequences properly for a standard translation
table and find known start/stop codons? I have human chromosomes 13 and 19,
any handy links or suggestions for comparisons to known accurate results?

The virtual ribosome link I posted earlier seems to work and a quick look suggested
similar outputs in a few test cases ( although I don't understand what it
did with the first codon in one case where it did not match).

Thanks.

Mike Marchywka
EyeWonder
Instant Streaming, Infinite Results