[BiO BB] question regarding data management systems for microarray data

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Sat May 13 12:22:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a data management system for 'CEL' files from
Affymetrix microarray scans?

I'm looking for something like an inventory system that would allow us
to track experimental groups, CEL File names, array type, and so on.
I'd like to use the system to  run commands like: "get me all the
'CEL' files for experiments with 5 biological replicates per group,
u133A microarray, and stick them in directory /home/users/mary/data."

I'm also looking for systems that are built with GEO in mind, e.g.,
knows about GEO's identifiers and codes and includes parsers for
'soft' files.

Any tips or pointers or even just random rumors on this topic would be
much appreciated!

-Ann

--
Ann Loraine