[BiO BB] Know how to use sort in NCBI Entrez web services ESearch?

Mike Marchywka mmarchywka at eyewonder.com
Wed May 17 18:09:40 EDT 2006

I think I have accused them of not supporting just about everything but they keep
answering my questions. The eutil help desk is very responsive- I would suggest trying
them and get back to us with the answer or a link to whatever you are talking about.

I used to do all this stuff with java until a linux guy got me hooked on scripts.
So far, I haven't found any text processing that isn't easier using the simple
search/fetch in a perl or bash script. Do you have a link describing what you are using
and what it is supposed to do?

One complaint I have with perl under cygwin is that I quickly end up with
hash tables thrashing through VM. I could probably fix this with c++ or java but generally
it is just an annoyance rather than a barrier.

Mike Marchywka
EyeWonder
Instant Streaming, Infinite Results

1447 Peachtree Street