[BiO BB] compile tgicl on OSX

Joshua A Udall jaudall at iastate.edu
Thu May 18 09:32:29 EDT 2006

I'd like to use the tigr cluster tools (tgicl) on OSX.  The available
binaries didn't work and I've been trying to compile and install the
individual packages separately.  I having problems getting zmsort and
mgblast to compile.  If others have found a better way to have it run
on OSX, I'd like to hear it.  Anyway, I've included my compile errors
below and could use some help or tips about what is not configure correctly.

Thanks,

Josh

Specifically for mgblast:
makefile:81: warning: overriding commands for target `clean'
makefile:70: warning: ignoring old commands for target `clean'
rm -f mgblast megablast *.[ao]
gcc -o megablast -O2 -fast -mdynamic-no-pic
-I/Users/jaudall/bin/tgicl/ncbi/include   -lncbitool -lncbiobj
-lncbi  -lm  -O
-I/Users/jaudall/bin/tgicl/ncbi/include
-L/Users/jaudall/bin/tgicl/ncbi/lib
-L/Users/jaudall/bin/tgicl/ncbi/build -L/Users/jaudall/bin/tgicl/ncbi/corelib
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_Nlm_Main
_CFBundleCopyBundleURL
_CFBundleCopyExecutableURL
_CFBundleGetMainBundle
_CFURLGetFileSystemRepresentation
_FSPathMakeRef
_DisposeHandle
_HLock
_HUnlock
_MemError
_NewHandle
_SetHandleSize
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [megablast] Error 1

Specifically, for zmsort:
g++ -O2 -Wall -iquote . -iquote ../tgi_cl -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti
-D_REENTRANT -fast -mdynamic-no-pic -c zmsort.cpp -o zmsort.o
zmsort.cpp:32: error: missing terminating " character
zmsort.cpp:136: error: missing terminating " character
zmsort.cpp:137: error: missing terminating " character
zmsort.cpp:152: error: missing terminating " character
zmsort.cpp:156: error: missing terminating " character
zmsort.cpp: In function `int main(int, char* const*)':
zmsort.cpp:136: error: expected primary-expression before ',' token
zmsort.cpp:137: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
zmsort.cpp:152: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
zmsort.cpp:156: error: expected primary-expression before ',' token
make: *** [zmsort.o] Error 1