[BiO BB] GOslim

Txema Gonzalez Izarzugaza biopctgi at yahoo.es
Wed May 31 13:24:03 EDT 2006

Hello everyone!

Does anybody know how I should generate a GOslim ontology using the
map2slim script?

I have tried this: "map2slim GOslim.obo gene_ontology.obo
gene_association.fb"
where:
GOslim.obo is the GO slim I have already downloaded from the GO site.
gene_ontology.obo, is the full GO ontology
gene_association.fb is the association file, also dowloaded from the GO
site.

It seems to run ok, but it generates loads of errors like this one:
<error>
    <message>illegal header entry: %chondroitin sulfate metabolism ;
GO:0030204 ; synonym:chondroitin sulphate metabolism < chondroitin
sulfate proteoglycan metabolism ; GO:0050654</message>
    <file>goslim_generic.obo</file>
    <parse_class>GO::Parsers::obo_text_parser</parse_class>
  </error>

Does anybody know what is happening?

Thanks in advance
Regards