[BiO BB] plz help-DOCK 6.1

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:49:05 EDT 2007

Is there a list of these things somewhere- like a wiki page? Specifically
limitations versus needs for prediction,modelling,  and visualization?
I've got my
opengl/c++ molecule viewer almost working ( the UI and scripting ability
took
more effort than the "real" stuff) and now I need something useful to do
with it.
Right now I'm not sure it has any benefit over RasMol-
I can draw some nice pictures with "artisitic" potential surfaces but maybe
I can
find something scientifically interesting. In as much as cavity
visualization was an early
objective, maybe I can find a way to do some active site or interaction
predictions.

I had asked earlier about more realistic potential surfaces and assumed the
lack of
response indicated lack of interest in the area.

Obviously visuals don't do predictions
but they can be good tools for testing/evaluating these things.

Thanks.