[BiO BB] SNP analysis program

Hongyu Zhang forward at hongyu.org
Wed Feb 14 16:22:27 EST 2007

Dear all,

I am looking for a SNP analysis program, which is good at

Allow me to edit

Displays mixed

Displays polymorphisms

We have looked at Polyphred and Sequencher. Polyphred works well in
Linux/Unix, so it can be wrapped in a shell script to run in batch mode
processing bulk data. It is also in good compatibility with Phred/Phrap
and consed. Sequencher has nice GUI and runs on Windows, which is good
for scientist to do annotation interactively, but I am not sure whether
it can be run in batch mode.

If you have any good suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Hongyu Zhang, Ph.D.
Computational biologist
 Ceres Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA
Cell: 805-405-5394