[BiO BB] blast alert soft

Felipe Albrecht felipe.albrecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:50:51 EST 2007

Hi.

What I think:
 uses a bio-perl or bio-python, and the result of the blast search you
put into a hashtable structure and save it.
 Next time, you execute and compare iterating across the new result
set, for each result, you see if exist into previous search, if dont
exist, is a new sequences.

 For execute 2 approaches are possibles:
  put your script into cron or execute then like a deamon, and after
the job, you "[u]sleep(time)" the script.

 If a new sequence was found, you can sends a email to your local user
using "mail" software. The syntax I dont remember now and I'm using
windows now.

These are my 2 cents, if you want, we can talk by email and do this
script together.

Bye and good luck.

Felipe Albrecht