[BiO BB] how to visit NCBI Blast and get the plain text result using script

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 17:31:24 EDT 2007

Speaking of python, does anybody know how to get urllib in python to
send POST data?

I'm used to building URLs and opening them using urllib.urlopen, but
have wondered how to send data via "post" as well as "get." Perhaps
there is a good library available for this, besides urllib? Or maybe
urllib has the ability to do this, and I have not been reading the
docs carefully enough.

A code snippet would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Ann