[BiO BB] Enhancer databases

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:50:38 EDT 2007

Thanks but the as-posted link failed for me. In any case, the SNP database
was listed as most-popular at the time I hit the site.
One point I would make in favor of my prosite annotations versus
3D "things" would depend on how well these things can highlight important
post-translational modifications. The thing I ran into recently was
gain-of-glycosylation site as a disease mechanism
( Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 2007, 17:245–251 ).

http://biodatabase.org/index.php/SNP%40Domain

Does anyone have comments on the SNP explorer tools or a good tutorial link?
Offhand, 3D seems like a complicated way to go and there may be simpler ways
to screen things.

In any case, if you have interesting peptide or base sequences that can be
expressed as PERL regex's I'll be happy to add them, as I'm sure prosite
would be too.