[BiO BB] protein function prediction using protein interaction network

Gaurav Pandey pandey.gaurav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:04:41 EST 2008

Hi Huang,

There are several easy to implement computational approaches to predict
gene/protein function from interaction networks. Take a look at Section 8 of
a survey we have written on function prediction techniques (
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~kumar/papers/survey.php), which discusses
several such approaches for protein interaction networks. Also, feel free to
contact me at gaurav at cs.umn.edu, and I might be able to share with you an
implementation of the FunctionalFlow algorithm (Nabieva et al, ISMB 2005),
which is popular for this problem.

Good luck,

Gaurav