[BiO BB] Difference between Protein Interaction Network (PIN) and Protein-Protein Interaction Network (PPIN)

Ashwathy ashwathy.bl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:25:20 EST 2008

dear friends,
please help me to find answer to some queries....

Is there any difference between Protein Interaction Network (PIN) and
Protein-Protein Interaction Network (PPIN) ?
If so please help me to find what the difference is..
and also,
is there any advantages other than finding the connectivity of the protein,
by investigating the PIN? I mean whether it is possible to explore the
attributes (both structural and functional) of a protein through it's PIN?

Aswathi
Centre for Bioinformatics
Kerala University