[BiO BB] Looking for researcher, to assist on blast-like invention

Theodore H. Smith delete at elfdata.com
Tue Feb 12 11:13:03 EST 2008

Hi Andreu,

I am definitely making my source code available to everyone, under
open source agreement. I am not going the commercial route. And while
I will protect my intellectual property, I am not going the patent
route. I am not a believer of the whole aggressive "stop people doing
stuff" idea.

I should have said that I am making this open source, at the start.

The main reason I am delaying in making it open source, is that I
don't have a C++ version yet, so I have nothing to offer. And also I
find source forge awkward to use and wastes a lot of time, compared to
me just uploading the source code directly to my website and just
putting an agreement saying "this is open source".

As for writing a paper... I don't really have the background in
University to write a paper, meaning it would take me a lot longer to
do than someone experienced in writing papers. And to be honest I feel
it would distract me from my main goal, which is to spend my time
doing something productive. I would rather someone else write a paper
for me :) I think this would be a fair arrangement.

But I am happy to explain my algorithm.

I think I should write up a document however explaining it. Maybe not
in academia, more in software developer style.

Thanks for all the interest and suggestion everyone. It's helping a lot.