[BiO BB] Bioinformatics and Genomics Blog

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:52:21 EST 2008

Sorry for the blatant spam but;

I put a link to the 'OpenHelix' blog here;

http://biodatabase.org/index.php/List_of_blogs_for_biologists

If anyone else has a BioBlog to share, please feel free to add it to
the list on http://BioDatabase.Org

Cheers,
Dan.

P.S. Join the fun at

irc://irc.freenode.net/#Bioinformatics (or via a web portal here;
http://www.acm.jhu.edu/cgi-irc/irc.cgi?chan=%23bioinformatics).

On 15/01/2008, Scott Lathe <slathe at openhelix.com> wrote:
> OpenHelix announced a new blog (www.openhelix.com/blog) exclusively focused
> on genomics and bioinformatics resources. The blog will be an instrumental,
> interactive forum for researchers to learn more about the rapidly changing
> and growing genomics databases and resources.
>
> The blog, authored by OpenHelix scientists with extensive experience with
> genomics and biology and industry expertise in databases and resources, will
> have daily postings about genomics resources, genomics news and research,
> and training tips on how to effectively find and use bioinformatics
> resources.
>
> In addition to daily posts on relevant topics, the OpenHelix Blog on
> Genomics and Bioinformatics will include:
>
>  "Tip of the Week": A short video outlining a tip on how to use a database
> to find something you need, some feature that you might not have noticed
> before, or introducing a new resource.
>
>  "What's Your Problem?": An "open office hours" open thread post every
> Thursday where you can ask questions about what database might have the data
> you need, how to find specific types of information from a resource, and
> more.  With nearly immediate answers to your questions, you'll have a
> virtual help desk on genomics and bioinformatics resources.
>
> "Guest Post": A periodic guest post from a scientist on an issue or topic
> that they feel is important to the community. Our guest posters will be
> people directly involved in developing and maintaining resources or genomics
> research.
>
> "Free Tutorials": You'll find links to extensive tutorial suites on a number
> of genomics and bioinformatics resources.  The suites include 40-60 minute
> narrated self-run tutorials, slide sets, hand-outs and exercises.
>
> Visit the OpenHelix Blog at (www.openhelix.com/blog).
>

> Scott Lathe
>
> Chief Executive Officer
>
> OpenHelix, LLC