[BiO BB] what the difference between remediated pdb and pdb?

Roberto Mosca roberto.mosca at embl-hamburg.de
Mon Jun 9 12:45:40 EDT 2008

 From the document:

"3.5 Resolution macromolecular sequence conflicts
Differences in entity sequence assignment between RCSB PDB and MSD-EBI
have
been resolved. Any remaining differences between the chemical sequence
and the
macromolecular sequence have also been resolved."

I think that this refers only to the DBREF and SEQRES records in the
file. Of
course an alanine cannot become a valine or a tyrosine when going from
the original
to the remediated PDB.

I'm not sure what kind of errors have been fixed but I think there
could have been
inconsistencies between the sequence reported in the SEQRES records
and the
sequence corresponding to the ATOM records in the PDb file itself.

Roberto

  Dr. Roberto Mosca

  EMBL c/o DESY
  Notkestr. 85