[BiO BB] please help

Pete Marchetto pete at softgenetics.com
Thu Jun 19 15:22:04 EDT 2008

After consulting with one of our staff biologists, and surveying some
articles, it seems like this is the case:
Gene Expression Profile:
This is the difference either between two organisms' genomes, or
between an organism and the averaged experimental norm. In other
words, it is the entire definition for an individual.
Gene Expression Fingerprint:
This is a subset of the profile that accounts for a particular trait,
such as markers for a disease.
On average, the profile would be in the thousands of genes, while the
fingerprint would be in the dozens to hundreds.

Anyone else got a better description?

-Peter Marchetto