[BiO BB] Analysis of mass spectrometry results using custom protein databases

Vered Caspi veredcc at bgu.ac.il
Tue Nov 11 06:48:46 EST 2008

Hello,

I received mass spec data for proteins (tryptic peptides) of a rare
organism. Data analysis using web-based programs against standard protein
databases did not yield results.

We would like to run the analysis against a collection of the protein
sequences from our organism, which we have constructed in-house.

My question is whether there is a public program which can accept the
protein sequences, "cut" them bioinformatically, and use that to identify
the proteins analyzed in the mass sptrometry.

                       Vered

Vered Caspi, Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Core Facility, Head
National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev
Building 39, room 214
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel

Email:  <mailto:veredcc at bgumail.bgu.ac.il> veredcc at bgumail.bgu.ac.il