[BiO BB] BioRPMs

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Dec 17 16:15:21 EST 2009

For the last 7 years, the Informatics Institute at UMDNJ has developed
and provided a valuable resource in the form of well-curated RPMs to the
bioinformatics community, http://informatics.umdnj.edu/BioRPMs

Although this repository is not unique, it is actively maintained and
used within and outside of the Institute with over 700 registered users
worldwide.

While we would like to continue maintaining this repository, we are
unable to do so in its current state.  Instead of letting this
repository die or become stale, we would like to open it up to the
community in an open-source format, allowing anyone to contribute RPMs.

We are looking for a handful of people to help curate and maintain this
repository, and find a home to host this repository.

If you are interested in helping to curate or can assist in locating a
permanent hosting site, please contact me for more information.

Ryan Golhar, PhD
Informatics Institute of NJ
golharam at umdnj.edu