[BiO BB] Opinion about Affy U219 platform

Sole Acha, Xavi x.sole at iconcologia.net
Fri Apr 16 11:31:19 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I was wondering if anybody has successfully used Affy U219 platform for gene expression assays. How does it compare against 133 Plus2? 133 Plus2 currently seems quite outdated in terms of annotation. We're about to start a project but are not completely sure about this new array. In GEO there are no data available... maybe is too early? Bioconductor seems not to have too mcuh support for this array either. What do you think?

Asking in a more general way... I know it is not an easy question, but if you were to start a microarray expression project what would you believe to be a good choice regarding the platformn quality (and price)?

Thank you very much in advance!

Xavi.

------
Xavier Solé Acha
Unitat de Biomarcadors i Susceptibilitat
Unit of Biomarkers and Susceptibility
Institut Català d'Oncologia // Catalan Institute of Oncology
Gran Via de L'Hospitalet 199-203
08907 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain.
Phone: +34 93 260 71 86 / +34 93 335 90 11 (ext. 3189)
Fax: +34 93 260 71 88
E-mail: x.sole (at) iconcologia.net