[BiO BB] about virtual screening

Khader Shameer skhadar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:29:34 EDT 2010

Hi Swati,

If you are planning to screen a protein target for ligands with various
features.
You can use ChEMBL as suggested by Dan or  PubChem or ZINC databases.

To begin with you should have a target, some hypothesis around this protein
to justify the virtual screening.
Then you can download one of the small molecule libraries and perform your
screen.

You may try AutoDock Vina (I heard its capable of virtual screening and it
is freely available) or commercial packages for insilico screening.
http://vina.scripps.edu/

Trust this helps,

Khader Shameer