[BiO BB] GBrowse.org project

Alessandra alessandra.bilardi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:27:50 EST 2010

 Hi all,

   I'm Alessandra and I run GBrowse.org.
GBrowse.org is a resource for using and setting up GBrowse genome
browsers. The site provides one location where biologists and
bioinformaticians can find:

  1. Genome browser web sites for any organism that has them. If a
species has a genome browser anywhere on the web, then we aim to link
to it.
  2. Links to sequence and annotation files that are available online.
  3. Links to genome browser configuration files, when available
  4. An FTP site containing genome annotation and configuration files
for each annotated genome that does not have its own web site.

GBrowse.org emphasizes the GBrowse genome browser in its organization,
but also links to sites that use other browser packages such as UCSC,
Ensembl, and JBrowse.

Also, we are currently conducting a survey seeking input on future
project direction. Please take a few minutes now to provide your
feedback.

   Survey link: http://gbrowse.org/survey/index.php?sid=64264&lang=en
   GBrowse.org introdution link:
http://gmod.org/wiki/August_2009_GMOD_Meeting#GBrowse.org