[BiO BB] program for sequence length

Maximilian Haussler maximilianh at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:44:48 EDT 2010

the ucsc source tools include faSize, pure C, very very fast. You
would need to compile though.

or use biopython:

from Bio import SeqIO
short_sequences = [] # Setup an empty list
for record in SeqIO.parse(open("cor6_6.fa", "rU"), "fasta") :
    print len(record.seq)

I remember that I spend several days on this problem many years ago by
programming everything myself in pure perl... like so many people that
start in bioinformatics...

cheers
Max