[BiO BB] 8th ISCB Student Council Symposium 2012 - last call for abstracts

Francescatto, M. m.francescatto at vumc.nl
Tue Mar 20 08:35:49 EDT 2012

The 8th Symposium of ISCB Student Council 2012 will be held July 13 in Long Beach, California, as a satellite meeting of the ISMB conference.

The opportunity to submit an abstract eligible for oral presentation is closing soon!

As the central part of the symposium, 10 students will be selected for an oral presentation from the submitted abstracts. This is your chance to present your work to an international audience of young scientists. We welcome abstracts covering both scientific studies as well as novel tools and applications in the field of computational biology and bioinformatics. All abstracts accepted for oral presentation will be published in a special issue of BMC Bioinformatics journal.

As in previous years, awards will be given to outstanding posters and presentations. Travel Fellowships are also available; all candidates are encouraged to apply.

Abstract Deadline: April 2
Travel Fellowships Deadline: April 13

Submission information: http://symposium.iscbsc.org/content/submissions
Travel Fellowship information: http://symposium.iscbsc.org/content/travel-fellowships
Symposium website: http://symposium.iscbsc.org/

Please help spread the word by sharing this mail with your colleagues and collaborators.

We look forward to receiving your abstract!

Alexander Goncearenco
Chair, SCS2012
Olga Botvinnik
Co-Chair, SCS2012