[BioBrew Users] separate biobrew install?

Kip Lubliner kip at camelot.mssm.edu
Thu Aug 28 14:45:43 EDT 2003

hello,

I am a newbie with all this BioBrew/Rocks stuff, and I'm not sure that I
understand how things are set up right now.  AFAIK, BioBrew 0.9 is
essentially Rocks 2.3.2 with additional bioinformatics packages.  There
are many other possible application areas, e.g. chemistry, physics,
etc.  Wouldn't it make more sense to have some sort of 'package'
structure that could be installed on the rocks front-end directly after
the regular Rocks install?  That way if someone wanted to run
bioinformatics programs and physics programs, they could just install
both 'packages'.  With the current situation, going to rocks 3.0.0 would
require Glen to release an updated BioBrew.

Kip