[BioBrew Users] slow ssh response on cluster

Glen Otero gotero at linuxprophet.com
Fri Aug 29 14:31:55 EDT 2003

Bill-

You've come across two common slowdown on the cluster, 1) the use of
ssh and 2) mpirun using ssh to start jobs.  This is a real pain, and
something I will change in the future, but it takes a whole
reorganization of mpi.  One thing I can recommend trying is to add rsh
functionality to the cluster so jobs will launch faster. Instructions
for doing so are in the Rocks User's Guide.

WRT to HPL, I'm not surprised with the weirdness your seeing, I hear
about it all of the time, but I'm not an expert at tuning HPL, so I
can't offer any hints.  If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

Glen