[BioBrew Users] which one?

Glen Otero gotero at linuxprophet.com
Wed Aug 4 14:12:13 EDT 2004

Woonki-

BioBrew-3.0.2.04-1890255.i386.iso is the new 3.0 release for x86. I've
delayed making a formal announcement until after I upload the x86_64
version, which should happen this week sometime. The
BioBrew-3.0-x86.iso that's on the site is the old beta release and
shouldn't be used because there's a bug in the installation.

I haven't tested the roll-biobrew yet. That roll should just install
like other Rocks 3.1 rolls and deliver the BioBrew rpms. The difference
between the roll and the full BioBrew distro is that the full BioBrew
distro is a DVD iso and is built using vmi and mpich-vmi, and not
regular mpich like Rocks. The roll is a CD iso that will install
BioBrew apps built with the ordinary mpich version in Rocks 3.1. There
is no BioBrew roll for Rocks 3.2, but there should be in the next few
months.

So if you want the latest x86 BioBrew distro, download
BioBrew-3.0.2.04-1890255.i386.iso. If you'd like to help me test the
roll-BioBrew, you can download it and try to install it like the other
rolls during a Rocks 3.1 install.

Does that answer your question?

Glen