[BioBrew Users] post installation?

Glen Otero gotero at linuxprophet.com
Tue Mar 2 12:33:52 EST 2004

Soumyadeep-

I guess it's time to post the full BioBrew User's Guide. The User's
Guide I'm going to post is the one my company distributes with clusters
we install for people using Callident Rx, our base cluster solution.
Except for the few extra steps noted in the BioBrew 1.0 README and
Install Pictorial needed to get BioBrew up and running, the manual
contains all the goodies needed to prep you for world domination. It
has the answers to your questions about how to run mpi jobs and testing
the cluster with Linpack. Page 41 has information on providing web
access to the cluster. With regard to getting the bio apps running, the
directories only need be put into users' paths. Joe Landman has some
very useful scripts (run_mpibalst, run_mpiblastrc, sge_mpiblast) for
running mpiBLAST that I recommend people look into and adapt for
running mpiblast  in BioBrew. The scripts can be found at
http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/.

Hope this helps. Comments and suggestions on the manual and software
are encouraged.

Glen