[BioBrew Users] Trouble running mpiBlast

Soumyadeep nandi soumyadeep_nandi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 10:40:14 EST 2004

--- Glen Otero <gotero at linuxprophet.com> wrote:
> > The pvm we were using in production mode was
> > HMMER-2.3.2 compiled with the intel compiler.
>
> What flags did you use to compile HMMER with the
> Intel compiler? We'll
> be offering the Intel compilers and tools in our
> distro soon.

We used the precompiled version from the hmmer site -
here is the listing:

 Intel GNU/Linux
    Download: hmmer-2.3.2.bin.intel-linux.tar.gz
    Or, as an RPM: hmmer-2.3.2-1static_pvm.i686.rpm
    Dell 6450; 4xPIII/700/2; Red Hat Linux 7.2;
--enable-threads --enable-lfs --enable-pvm; CC=icc
CFLAGS="-O3 -axMKW -static"
    the RPM spec file is available: hmmer-pvm.spec

Soumyadeep