[BioBrew Users] Fixed modulefiles RPM or source?

Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Oct 14 22:06:53 EDT 2004

Glen Otero <gotero at linuxprophet.com> wrote:

> I've attached the new modulefiles rpm. It includes the changes you
> suggested. Let me know how it works for you. I'll build a new BioBrew
> roll after I hear how it works.
>
> Sorry again about the delay.

No problem, we were testing on a fixed number of nodes, but just moved
to a production system, which we're bringing online in parts. I keep
forgetting to fix the z-biomodules.csh file and end up chasing strange
bugs.

There are a couple of problems with the new RPM.

You need to increment the version or build number, it won't install the
new one if it has the same version as the old one.

You should also fix the z-biomodules.sh

# Additional modules for biobrew
#

export MODULEPATH=${MODULEPATH:+$MODULEPATH:}/opt/BioBrew/modulefiles

The module files aren't actually being used, are they? I have none of
the bioinformatics tools in my path, and can't run EMBOSS programs
(library problems, ACD problems), because the environment isn't set up
for EMBOSS.

The modulefiles rpm has no documentation, so I can't figure out if I
broke something. How do the modulefiles work? I'm willing to write up
some of them if you'll tell me how (EMBOSS has no modulefile).

--
Humberto Ortiz Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist