[BioBrew Users] mpiformatdb error in BioBrew distribution

dayala at hpcf.upr.edu dayala at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Feb 3 15:10:03 EST 2005

Hello,

    We are using BioBrew in our Rocks cluster.  I'm getting this very
weird mistake when formatting a database with the mpiformatdb
command.

# mpiformatdb -N 20 -i ecoli.nt -o T -p F -n ../ecoli.nt
mpiformatdb: error while loading shared libraries: libvmi20.so.0: cannot

The problem is that mpiformatdb is asking to be linked with this library
libvmi20.so.0 which is not part of the BioBrew rol.  When I execute  "#ldd
mpiformatdb"  I get the line "libvmi20.so.0 => not found".  We have
installed the ncbi toolkit 6.1.0 installed right now.  What is the
problem? and more importantly, what is the solution to this problem?
Thank you very much for your time and help.

DA