[Bioclusters] Call for information.

Paul Gardner bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:13:14 +1200 (NZST)

Hi William,

I already have several problems that I could extend beyond our current
computing solution (16 node Beowulf: sisters.massey.ac.nz). The problem is
convincing a few senior scientists (hope that answers your question Chris,
thanks heaps) who've recently received a large government grant that
spending a bit of money upgrading our current system is worth while.
Basically I want my Biologists friends to know that they'll also benefit
from the power of a cluster.

I agree that Athlons are probably a better way to go, but frustratingly
there are some other issues that have made us consider PentiumIVs as a
better solution.

Cheers,
Paul.