[Bioclusters] Nomenclature (was Re: Call for information.)

Ivo Grosse bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:58:28 -0400

Hi all,

Joe Landman <joe.landman@mscsoftware.com> wrote on Wed, 17 Apr 2002:

> does not depend upon the values used/computed in the Nth chunk, you have
> the opportunity to pursue a high throughput computing implementation.
>
> BLAST as it turns out, is nicely suited for this, as are some other
> codes.  These calculations are still of the high performance variety,
> but you attempt to maximize throughput, and not speedup of an individual

Yes, thanks to make that clear.  Hence, my question about recent Blast
benchmarks on P3s and P4s and Athlon-MPs meant: does anyone have those
3 numbers (or sets of numbers) for SINGLE nodes?

Thanks!

Ivo