[Bioclusters] LSF 4.2 w/ Redhat 7.2 (2.4.X kernel with glibc2.2) install problem

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
30 Apr 2002 16:11:56 -0400

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:36, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

[...]

> Reading the Platform website shows that they only claim to be supporting
>   2.4 kernels with glibc2.1 which is disconcerting because my systems
> here all have glibc2.2.4-22. They also only have binaries for
> linux-2.4-glibc2.1 on their FTP site.
>
> I don't consider glibc2.2 all that new or exotic and I don't want to
> downgrade so I figured I'd ask this list at the same time I put in a
> query to Platform engineering...
>
> Anyone running LSF on linux clusters with glibc2.2? Anyone else have

Yes.

> trouble getting LSF 4.2 to install out of the box on a updated RH7.2

I have 4.1 going, havent installed 4.2 yet.

> platform? I think the installer scripts might be a bit flaky but the
> binaries seem fine.

We found that as well.  Could you look at the installer script, and
change the top line to

	#!/bin/sh -x

and send the output along?  This will tell us which portion of the
script is failing.  We can probably work around the issue if we know
this...

Joe

--

Joseph Landman, Ph.D.