[Bioclusters] 3ware 7850 RAID 5 performance

William Harman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:36:07 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C24D27.15F6BBF0

Simon;

If you are using NSF, your tested numbers are about right.  If you use
the priority s/w from the vendors like, RAIDZone or Blue Arc you can get
better performance.  Blue Arc will take you to about 120 Mb/s, I
believe, but the cost is very high.

If you need a very high speed access, we expect to introduce a high
performance storage solution at Super Computing 2002 in Nov.  I have
seen demonstrated transfer rates between 250 - 300 Mega bytes per
second.  We are using Red Hat distribution of Linux.  We are not ready
to make this information available to the general public just yet, as
the final product is not yet fully developed, so I would ask you not to
put this information on any boards.

Thanks

Bill Harman,
Director, High Performance Cluster Systems
800-876-8649 Ext 8828
william.harman@ebizmart.com
www.ebizenterprises.com/hpc