[Bioclusters] Oscar Linux cluster and Local Blast Server

Marc Rieffel bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:15:50 -0700

Lance,

>  Does anyone know of an
> open source blast-for-cluster package that would run under this
> cluster management suite or is there a
> commercial package you are already running that you think is
> worthwhile???

You should consider Paracel BLAST,
http://www.paracel.com/products/paracel_blast.html  It's parallel Blast
software for Linux and Sparc clusters, with built-in queueing and
scheduling software.  We've made extensive algorithmic modifications for
enhanced support of large cluster systems, large databases, large query
sequences, etc.  Evaluation copies are available.

As Chris Dagdigian mentioned, Paracel also offers the GeneMatcher2
system for hardware acceleration of dynamic programming searches like
Smith Waterman, HMM, and GeneWise.  See
http://www.paracel.com/products/gm2.html for more information.

Marc Rieffel
Paracel