[Bioclusters] rsync of NCBI formatted databases

Warren Snelling bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
04 Dec 2002 07:40:44 -0600

Hello,

Some of you may be interested in a project we have to develop a genomic
agent system.  The system is intended to deal with data gathering,
formatting and version tracking issues, as well as automating some
routine analyses.  A more complete description of the project is in
Huhns et al.(2002, IEEE Internet Computing vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 88-91).

The system uses java, jade (http://sharon.cselt.it/projects/jade/), and
jdbc for interaction with relational databases.  Source can be obtained
from the developers, Mike Huhns (huhns@engr.sc.edu) and Larry Stephens
(stephens@ece.sc.edu).  We will appreciate feedback from anyone who
tries it, and will welcome ideas to make this system more usable for
genomics research.

warren