[Bioclusters] Sun Grid Engine install on Linux

chris dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:21:56 -0500

JP--

Have you picked a TCP port and defined "sge_commd" in your /etc/services
file on all nodes in your cluster so that your SGE daemons know what
port to listen to when they start up? Are you sure that your qmaster
daemons all launching correctly and are listening on the correct network
interface?

If that is not the problem then it is likely related to the
external/internal hostname issue. SGE has some hostname tools in one of
the install directories that may be able to help debug the problems.

I can follow up with you offline on this if needed. Its very interesting
to see you are from DFCI --  I just finished an SGE cluster install at
Harvard Stats department and we are working on a SGE-on-Mac-OS-X
prototype apple xserve blastfarm project for someone else at Dana Farber
Cancer Institute...our DFCI contact for that project is Paul Morrison.

-Chris
BioTeam Inc.