[Bioclusters] Designing a life sciences computing facility

James Cuff bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:28:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, chris dagdigian wrote:

> I started to reply but Joe hit it on the head exactly :) The key is to
> overbuild the physical facility, network core and storage/backup
> infrastructure. The compute systems can be aquired and scaled far more
> easily than the foundation stuff.

Joe speaks the truth.  We've so much been through the room that don't
scale and systems that will...

J.

--
Dr. James Cuff
Group Leader - Informatics Systems Group