[Bioclusters] Local blast server, beowulf vs mosix

jfreeman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:22:24 -0500

Danny,

I agree with Eric's fast cluster building with boot disks, (I did it
myself the first few times) and like the practical examples, but you
will _really_ want to do remote booting of the nodes as your normal
process, it will make node level install of software, OS, node
configuration, versioning, etc. much much easier.

A very good example page for this is the:

Linux Terminal Server Project

http://www.ltsp.org/

It will get you well on the way...

Good luck,