[Bioclusters] BLAST/ PBS / Grid Engine

Jeff Layton bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 18 May 2002 09:48:27 -0400

Chris Dagdigian wrote:

> Nice. The older RLX system I had a chance to work on was one of the
> early generations: single disk drive, 1GB RAM max and a transmeta CPU.

Oops. You're correct. I was talking about the PIII/800 blades.
I forgot about the early Transmeta blades. Sorry about that.

On another note, has anyone heard of the new Transmeta
CPUs? I've only heard a basic rumor that they will have much
better floating-point performance than they current crop.
We're going to test the old Transmeta blades and the new ones
(when they come out) just for comparison.

Jeff