[Bioclusters] Apple/Genentech BLAST

Chris Dwan (CCGB) bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 17:31:26 -0500 (CDT)

> Can someone out there with a OS X machine see if it really is limited to
> 2 GB files?

This, I can do now.  Running on a G4 Itanium laptop *single* processor
with 1GB of RAM.  Mac OS X version 10.1.4.

[localhost:~] cdwan% yes > foo.txt

...in another shell...after trip upstairs for a glass of water...

[localhost:~] cdwan% ls -l
-rw-r--r--   1 cdwan  staff  3486162944 May 24 17:22 foo.txt

So, in tcsh (per previous shell-related conversation) the redirection
operators look good.  A quick test of 'cat' and 'wc' also failed to
dump core...so we might be in good shape.

I'll pull down some bigger files (from NCBI) and try to break more pieces
of it while I'm sitting on a plane this weekend.

-Chris Dwan