[Bioclusters] Linux cluster set up document

ben bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:54:15 +0200

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:30:22 -0300
miroslavac@health.nb.ca (Miroslava Cuperlovic-Culf) wrote:

> Dear All,
> We have a Dell Workstation with Linux Red Hat and several Windows PC's.
> I am a bit new to this but I would like to make Linux cluster with all
> these computers. Can you please point me to a document/book that
> describes how to set up a Linux cluster.
> Thanks.
> Mira

Hi ,
You might give a look to cluster howto at linux documentation project:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html/
If you have cd-rom reader on each of your nodes consider also a
quick try with a linux-live distribution ... I haven' t try it yet,
but this should be nice :
http://nwst.de/livelinuxcd/lilinux.phtml?include=htm/en_welcome.htm
If you are interested in openmosix there' s also openmosix howto
http://howto.ipng.be/openMosix-HOWTO/book1.htm
but, if you understand spanish, its spanish version is far better with a
huge general introduction to clustering.
Finally , if you're looking for books check o'reilly' s online catalog
http://www.oreillynet.com/search/index.ncsp?sp-q=cluster&sp-k=all&search=search
best wishes
ben
PS:Great ! I saw that oreilly's planning to publish a thick guide to blast
on june