[Bioclusters] Re: grid engine sge-5.3p4 builds cleanly for Mac OS x - link to binaries for those who need it

Beltrami, Riccardo bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:44:08 +0200

Dear Chris,

thanks a lot for all your effort, I was planning to do the same based on
the replies to my post but... you've been much faster!

So, I'll try your tarred binaries asap.

Thanks again to you and all the other on the list for help and suggestions.

Bye, Riccardo.

At 15:46 07/08/2003 -0400, Chris Dagdigian wrote:

>This is response to a recent thread about SGE reporting incorrect load
>values for Mac OS X with sge-5.3p2...
>
>After I installed 'openmotif3' and 'openmotif3-shlibs' on my powerbook via
>fink I was able to download the sge-V53p4_TAG-src.tar.gz package from the
>http://gridengine.sunsource.net site.
>
>Grid Engine (including the X11 qmon GUI) builds cleanly now from the 53p4
>snapshot with no additional hacking or patches needed. (yay!). In simple
>tests on my powerbook the output of 'qstat' is correct with respect to
>host architecture and load average data reporting.
>
>The qmon GUI is fine as well when launched under the Apple X11 environment.
>
>The build was so easy that I suspect that most people will just roll their
>own distributions. The instructions are straightforward.
>
>For those who just want the Mac OS X binaries for SGE-5.3p4 I've made them
>available for http download at:
>http://bioteam.net/MacOSX/gridengine/sge-5.3p4-bin-darwin.tar.gz
>

>These are just the darwin/ binaries that are to be unpacked inside of the
>SGE_ROOT directory. Users will still need to visit
>http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/download.html in order
>to download the "common" and "doc" packages for sge-5.3p4.
>

>Feedback would be welcome. If nothing breaks I'll see about getting the
>darwin package listed under the "courtesy binaries" download page.
>

>Regards,
>Chris

                         / \
  | Riccardo Beltrami                               |-.
  | Bioinformatics                                  | |
  | riccardo_beltrami@chiron.it                     | |