[Bioclusters] Opteron Perl64 segfault issues

Nathan Siemers bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:45:07 -0400

Thanks to All for your help in testing Perl's robustness in 32 and 64
bit modes on different architectures.  So far all my tests on platforms
other than opteron are running perfectly (IA32, irix-64).

Tentative diagnosis is a (wonderfully) intermittent memory error on the
opteron box in question.

Nathan

ps.  Any successful builds of NCBI toolkit out there? We can build it
but do not
currently trust the output data (compared to other archs). -n