[Bioclusters] Xserve going full duplex

Torben Nielsen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:34:30 -1000

> Hi,
> I just finished setting both the switch and the Ethernet cards to 100
> full
> for the two xserves. I use the "manual solution", forced both the
> switch and
> the NIC to go 100 full. It work out great! Autonegotiation just did
> not work
> for us in this case.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Victor Ruotti
> Medical College of Wisconsin

Do yourself a favor and find out *why* autonegotiation didn't do what
it was supposed to.

Don Becker is absolutely right; setting this manually is not an answer.
If autonegotiation doesn't work, something is broken and unless you
find out what it is and fix it, you are setting yourself - or your
successor - up for a lot of headache down the road.

Torben