[Bioclusters] VC bioinformatics opportunities

Dave Feinleib bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:53:07 -0700

My name is Dave Feinleib and I'm an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at =
Ignition Partners, a Seattle-based venture capital firm. I'm looking at =
new opportunities in bioinformatics that Ignition might invest in. I'm =
interested in talking to people who work in the field to understand what =
problems they've encountered in setting up / operating clusters for =
bioinformatics, details on programming and data mining tools that could =
be improved/enhanced, etc.=20

My specific interests are not so much in modeling/simulation but in the =
infrastructure for bio computing, e.g. tools for cluster management, =
programming, data warehousing/mining, and even hardware acceleration. I =
am also very open to working with an existing smaller company or =
developers/scientists looking for funding.=20

I'd be grateful for your feedback and thoughts. Please reply to my email =
directly (dave@ignitionpartners.com). Thanks for your time and help.=20

Dave Feinleib=20
Ignition Partners=20
425-709-0772 x2200=20