[Bioclusters] interpro with MOSIX cluster

Philip E Macmenamin bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:36:35 -0700

I am posting this, in response to a question I myself posed to the forum, and to which I recieved no replies. It is from Emmanuel Quevillon, who is responsible for at least part (if not all) of the InterPRoScan project.

I hope this might be of use to others.

All the best,
Philip.

##Mail follows:

Hi Philip,

InterPRoScan is not supporting yet correctly all the queueing system. I am trying to rewrite
everything to support the maximum of queueing systems.

So the alternative you can have is to relaunch the CONFIG.pl script to reinstall everything and and
do not answer yes when the prompt is asking you if you want to use a queueing system.
After that, edit the file called CONFIG.pm, and for each applications you set, in the hash table
called '%appl_queuecmd' at the bottom of the file, enter the queueing command you want to put in the
front of the command line used to run BlastProDom for example.

See :

%appl_queuecmd = ("ScanRegExp" => "", ...

become %appl_queuecmd = ("ScanRegExp" => "nice -5 mosrun -l", ... and so on for the applications you
set.

Thus, iprscan will concatenate the above command line to the command line used to  launch ScanRegExp.

I think the best thing to do is also to install iprscan on the master node of your cluster, and that
the directory where is installed iprscan must be shared by all the different nodes of your cluster,
e.g via NFS.

Hope this will help.

Let me know, it could be helpfull for my future implementations.

Regards

Emmanuel